Search:  

Retrospec Forum » Feedback on Retrospec Games

[closed]

Head Over Heels

(173 posts)
  • Started 14 years ago by retrospec
  • Latest reply from The Letter M
  1. Anonymous

Thanx for all the messages people. Its nice to see people hacking around in Hoh :) Its a kind of a flatery really.
    Oh, about Bat-Man... we are thinking about it, but we would need a pretty darn good graphics artist - since Graham doesn't want to do it for that. There might be a competition for this reason on remakes.org, but not in the near future...

Tomaz
    Posted 14 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  2. Anonymous

Hi all,

sorry but i didn´t understand the last safari room. Now i solve 81% of the this great game.
    Perhaps someone solve it.

THX
    Regards

Hummel
    Posted 14 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  3. Anonymous

I am playing the Mac OSX version and can't seem to load any saved games. I select it and then hit enter but it starts from the beginning. Any help???

Also, I suck at this game! I lose 3 lives just trying to jump over the stupid toasters! I have never played this type of game before(had hippie parents who thought technology was going to be the downfall of society!) Is there a walkthrough or cheats anywhere?
    Posted 14 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  4. Anonymous

Jules again. Now the game keeps crashing. It has happened about 5 times all in different spots. This is the Mac version.
    Posted 14 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  5. Anonymous

Even in Italy there are many fans of the original Head Over Heels and this remake is wonderful. Great isometric graphics, atmospheric sound and playable as the original!!!! A truly Great job boys.
    Excuse me for my bad English.
    Posted 14 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  6. Anonymous

Hi, i never heard of this game till a couple days ago and its great so far. One little question though, it is quite a memory hog, when i checked in task manager it said it was using almost 145 megabytes of RAM... most of my store bought games only take about 50 at most. It's not really a problem cept for a few stutters here and there since i've got 768 megs of ram. Any chance that the requirements might be lowered in the future? Thanks and keep it up ;)
    Posted 14 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  7. Anonymous

Great game!
    I'm stuck in Book World in the room where Head has to get across a room with toasters by jumping on books and making it to the sandwich next to the door. No matter what I do, Head can't make the jump from the book to the sandwich. Any help would be appreciated. Even a cheat to get past this room would help.

Thanks
    Posted 14 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  8. Anonymous

Well guys, I'm Head over Heels for your site now!!

I've been looking for this game for a while and I expected to have to get an emulator and ROM.

I'm doing a degree in Games Computing and I have to do an essay on social interactivity within games and I loved this game when I was younger. I remember having mates come over (way before online gaming!!) and playing as a team, opne of us always as head and the other always as heels.

This is a fantastic game as it encourages teamwork - how much more socially interactive can you get!!

Love the game, Love the site and (dare I say it!!.....) Love all of you too!!!

It's nice to know that I'm not teh only one addicted to classics!
    Posted 14 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  9. Anonymous

Is it made intentionally that saves don't work when I use trainer??? (I grab a fish and 'save game' command doesn't appear in the menu)

The game is really brilliant, I remember when I was playing it on ZX Spectrum, but this remake is far much better. Good work, guys!!!
    Posted 14 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  10. Anonymous

Again, thanx for all the good comments. :) Makes us feel all warm inside (even though it is below zero outside ;-) ).

About the bookworld toaster problem. Can you please tell me exactly in which room you have problems so I can help you ? I am not sure which room you mean. In the game press CTRL-F to get the extra debug info on screen. On the top/left corner there is the room number displayed, tell me this number and I will try and help you out !

Best regards,
    Tomaz
    Posted 14 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  11. Anonymous

About the Mac OSX port problems - please contact Angello who is the Mac OSX porter - unfortunetly I don't have that OS/computer so I cannot help you out. His email is a.mottola@libero.it. The last Safari room (with crown) is one of the hardest in the game. First find a plate that will disintegrate when you step on it. Put the other free plate in its place, but put it about half way INTO the passage. Now pickup the little block and try and push the robot so that it will walk on the other side of the walkway - it is tricky, but you can push him with the little plate !
    When you pushed him far enough you put the little block on top of the robot and jump with both head and heels onto it. Then switch to Head only and jump up for the crown !

Tomaz
    Posted 14 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  12. Anonymous

It is room 29-36. Thanks in advance for the help.

Again, thanx for all the good comments. :) Makes us feel all warm inside (even though it is below zero outside ;-) ).

About the bookworld toaster problem. Can you please tell me exactly in which room you have problems so I can help you ? I am not sure which room you mean. In the game press CTRL-F to get the extra debug info on screen. On the top/left corner there is the room number displayed, tell me this number and I will try and help you out !

Best regards,
      Tomaz
    Posted 14 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  13. Anonymous

Hi, had same problem. If you keep holding the jump and East button, you can run right across the room.

You have to start one step down from the doorway. Good Luck
    Posted 14 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  14. Anonymous

I E-mailed Angello and everything is working now. I was playing from the disk image and needed to copy game to Hard Disk.

Great game!!!
    Posted 14 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  15. Anonymous

Ah, so many childhood memories... One of the best (if not the best) Spectrum games. Thanks for reviving it!
    Posted 14 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  16. Anonymous

The mac version is amazing, i'm at about 80% but I need a trainer or a cheat or something. I know, i know i should persevere but the original version i played (amstrad pcw) took me a year to complete!

Is there such a thing available for the mac?

Thanks
    Posted 14 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  17. Anonymous

Argh!
    I've collected the 4 crowns, but I can't find the last one. Can someone tell me how to get to the Blacktooth crown?
    Posted 14 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  18. Anonymous

Well, the CHEAT is the same for PC and MAC - press and hold all the C H E A T keys together in the menu. On some Mac's however you cannot hold down more than 4 keys at once :( Unfortunetly nothing can be done there :(

About the Blacktooth crown... you can get to that part of the Blacktooth castle from the Moonbase... you must use separate teleport on the end of the moon station !
    Posted 14 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  19. OmegaDog

This was my first time fully experiencing Head Over Heels, since I never played the original (I had only fooled around with Syoxy's remake a few hours before) -- and playing this game was a great experience (sans the required pixel-perfect jumps over toasters and volcanoes and such. ;] ). I had played and loved a similarly-playing title, Solstice, on the original 8-bit Nintendo Entertainment System -- aside from its sequel on the SNES, I didn't know there were more puzzle games like it beforehand! A definite thumbs up to the original creators for all the great puzzles -- and a definite thumbs up for you folks for recreating it! [I got through it *almost* without any help -- I had to look up these forums to remind myself that both characters had a split second of motion before a disintegrating tile disappears.]

[EDIT: I originally had some questions about the differences of the puzzles between the original version and this remake -- I got those questions answered.]

Again -- thank you for the recreation, Retrospec!
    Posted 14 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  20. Anonymous

Wonderful, that´s the only word I can use. It´s like beeing 15 again.
    Posted 13 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  21. Anonymous

I can't believe I've found this game! It was my favourite as I was growing up, we had an Amstrad. I never thought I'd see it again. I came across your website while looking for something totally unrelated and am now downloading the game.
    Thanks for bringing it back to life!
    Posted 13 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  22. Anonymous

Tomaz, veliki pozdrav! Cestitam na uradjenom poslu! Samo napred! :-)
    Posted 13 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  23. Anonymous

Hi.

It's a pretty good game.
    But i go down very fast !
    Do you no cheats codes for extra lives & donuts ?

Thanks.

;)

Kugel.
    Posted 13 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  24. Anonymous

Great game, clever puzzles, darn good artwork too, wish I could hear the sfx but it's incompatible with my system.

Funny thing is, I finished the game with my five crowns and now this cannon has been shooting at me for like an hour (still shooting) and I can't do anything. Is this supposed to happen?

(edit) Oh yay! It finally segfaulted!
    Posted 13 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  25. Anonymous

Couldn't believe my eyes when i came across this, even less when i realised how hilarious the remake is! I do remember the purchase of the 3" amstrad original during a 1988 london trip, from a beautiful woman in a cornershop on tottenham court road. Anyway, i never saved one single world from the evil planet blacktooth. Now, with the handy save-option (what a slick wordplay, huh?), i hopefully will!
    Thanks for this incredible trouvaille, it fills my heart with nice memories and makes me smile!
    Posted 13 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  26. Anonymous

HELP stuck on level 04-11, how do you get passed the ball that follows you around the room. Tried everything.

Someone help please.
    Posted 13 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  27. Anonymous

Can you help us with a problem in Egyptus room 05-24? Despite hundreds of attempts, we are unable to get Heels up the platforms to reach the spring at the top - simply cannot get from platform 4 ( the disappearing one) to platform 5. We used to manage it OK on the old Amstrad - so we may be missing something now. Any help gratefully received.
    sfg.
    Posted 13 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  28. Anonymous

Can you help us with a problem in Egyptus room 05-24?  Despite hundreds of attempts, we are unable to get Heels up the platforms to reach the spring at the top - simply cannot get from platform 4 ( the disappearing one) to platform 5.  We used to manage it OK on the old Amstrad - so we may be missing something now. Any help gratefully received.
    sfg.

not sure what room 05-24 is, but going from your description, it sounds like the same one i was stuck on. i realised by accident that the disappearing blocks dont vanish until a split second after you step on them. so try doing a full run onto the block before jumping up, this way heels should be able to jump slightly higher without hitting his head on the block directly above him, enough to reach the next block.
    Posted 13 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  29. Anonymous

I've got the same trainer from remakes.org - having trouble though, don't know if it's the trainer - just cannot save the game

Also on the moonbase there is a room with two high doors (just before the arrow rooms) every time I come through the door I fall to the floor and can't get out again - any help appreciated
    Posted 13 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  30. Anonymous

This game is really cool - I've never played the original, but the game's still fun (although quite difficult :) However, I have a question about a room near the end of the game. After the moonbase, there's a room with some cauldrons, a cube, a beacon and three exits, one of which is high. You're supposed to get to the high exit somehow (apparently, by pushing the block on the cauldrons and jumping off that), but every time I try it, my jump to the exit falls short. In Philip Kendall's walkthrough, it looks like the original had some platforms before the exit but the remake doesn't.

EDIT: nevermind - it seems that you can get to the exit by pushing the block on the beacon and jumping from top of that. And now I'm the emperor :)
    Posted 13 years ago #
    Login to Send PM

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.