Search:  

Retrospec Forum » Feedback on Retrospec Games

[closed]

Highway Pursuit

(56 posts)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. Anonymous

A new version is imminent -- probably tomorrow night.

Mostly bug fixes but I have implemented the most requested feature of all -- the lorry now steers so that it's right in front of you, making it a little bit easier to get into it.

Watch the site for more news tomorrow evening.
    Posted 12 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  2. Anonymous

OK, Highway Pursuit v1.1 is now up and available for downloading -- please let me know how you get on with it! smile.gif
    Posted 12 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  3. Anonymous

Excellent news Adam!!!
    Posted 12 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  4. Anonymous

Adam, I've found a cheat! I think you will say "This is the third time ..... referencing this cheats.... The cheats are notworking.gif and they're all fake..." but really it works. Ctrl+C and type GODISALIVE. And immortality!!!. But score isn't increasing.grrrrrrr mad.gif I couldn't open the 3ds files yet! ohmy.gif tongue.gif [attachmentid=13]
    Posted 12 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  5. Anonymous

QUOTE(Eren @ Jan 21 2005, 06:22 PM)
    Adam, I've found a cheat! I think you will say "This is the third time ..... referencing this cheats.... The cheats are  notworking.gif and they're all fake..."  but really it works.
    [right][snapback]1074[/snapback][/right]
    Wow, I wonder how that happened! wink.gif I trust you're using v1.1? smile.gif
    Posted 12 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  6. BoneCrushr78

Love the codes in 1.1 they make things interesting, is there any more than just the ones that the german dude made up?? Thanks in advance
    Posted 12 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  7. Anonymous

I'd like to know how people find these cheat codes.

But it looks like he hasn't found the code to activate the boat yet, adam smile.gif

Neil.
    Posted 12 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  8. BoneCrushr78

What boat code?? Any other codes??? TELL ME PLEASE!!!!!

2 things I don't like about this game:

1-When I slow down 4 a weapons van I 90% of the time DIE because of 10 cars ramming into me, something to fix this?

2-When accidentally driving in the middle of a split in the road if you don't hit a tree I don't think you should die!!
    Posted 12 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  9. Anonymous

There is a way to recharge your health and extend your game. Health recharges over time not distance. All you need to do is find a safe place to go slow. Find a straight section, pull over onto the shoulder, and idle down the road at 3kph. The shouder is off the part of the road where enemys travel but not so far off you take damage. For example, the white edge of a bridge.

It is not exactly exciting play to idle down the shoulder. Health recharges slowly enough that you probably have time to run to the fridge.

--Bounder
    Posted 12 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  10. Anonymous

[U][/U][/I][I][I][/I][/QUOTE][/B][B][/B][QUOTE]essen@online.de[B][quote=Adam Dawes,Nov 12 2003, 09:39 PM]
    Well it took me nearly a year to write (just not enough time in each day!) but v1.0 is finally finished. I hope everyone likes it. :)
    Adam.
    http://www.adamdawes.com
    [right][snapback]93[/snapback][/right]
    [/quote]
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  11. daemonas

great remake, thx Adam!

anyone can help me find original game?
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  12. Anonymous

The original game of Highway Pursuit?
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  13. daemonas

QUOTE(neil @ Mar 8 2006, 02:45 AM)
    The original game of Highway Pursuit?
    [right][snapback]1539[/snapback][/right]

yes, zx version in .tap or similar format
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  14. Anonymous

There was no original. This is an original piece in retro style. Though if you want to play a *cough* similar game with *cough* similar enemies and gameplay try Spy Hunter.
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  15. daemonas

thx a lot!
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  16. Anonymous

QUOTE(neil @ Mar 9 2006, 10:11 AM)
    Though if you want to play a *cough* similar game with *cough* similar enemies and gameplay try Spy Hunter.
    [right][snapback]1547[/snapback][/right]
    Hmm, now you mention it, there are some similarities...
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  17. rgb1110

notworking.gif
    QUOTE(neil @ Jan 28 2005, 12:52 PM)
    I'd like to know how people find these cheat codes.

But it looks like he hasn't found the code to activate the boat yet, adam  tongue.gif

Neil.
    [right][snapback]1080[/snapback][/right]

Iv'e Looked on many sites and nor can i find any cheats!!! sad.gif
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  18. rgb1110

Can anyone find any codes Besides CTRL-C GODISALIVE It is cool but you don't get any Points Just Extra Life
    !!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  19. rgb1110

QUOTE(Eren @ Jan 21 2005, 05:22 PM)
    Adam, I've found a cheat! I think you will say "This is the third time ..... referencing this cheats.... The cheats are  notworking.gif and they're all fake..."  but really it works. Ctrl+C and type GODISALIVE. And immortality!!!. But score isn't increasing.grrrrrrr mad.gif  I couldn't open the 3ds files yet!  ohmy.gif    tongue.gif [attachmentid=13]
    [right][snapback]1074[/snapback][/right]

Got any other codes?
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  20. rgb1110

I Got a Bunch of Cheats!! Type Ctrl-C Then The Codes

GODISALIVE: Unlimited Life
    FLYINGMONKEY:High Speed
    NEEDROCKETS:Unlimited Life
    OILTAPESTRY:Unlimited Oil
    SUNDAYDRIVER:No Traffic
    RESET:All Codes Disabled

tongue.gif
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  21. Anonymous

the score is disabled when using the the codes to stop cheats from posting to the high-score table.
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  22. Anonymous

quite the game this one. brings back memorys of playing on my uncles C64 biggrin.gif

hmm, it would be interesting to have a kind of road warrior mode tho, where you drive from place to place, maybe delivering people or packages, while bandits are trying to run you of the road for some reason.

then slap on some stuff like being able to buy new vehicles, mod the vehicles you have and so on. hmm, im starting to think of that pc series interstate now, only with a unlimited replay value (allmost, when after getting the best vehicle and the best equipment your most likely unstopable) and a much simpler play style.

hmm, i kinda recall an old comic that had the theme that something had happen the the USA grain supply, and soy was king. down south in california some lab had managed to create a new strain of grain that could overtake soy. the big corps hired thugs to stop any transport of this new grain out of the area. the lab responded by having a race. first one to deliver a bag of grain to a nearby city for cloning and distribution.

maybe have more hazards, like a bridge being out, and one having to deply nitro or something to get across wink.gif

all in all, one could do a lot of crazy stuff with this basic engine biggrin.gif
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  23. Anonymous

Guys,

I played highway pursuit for the first time and loved it When I try to download it on my laptop running windowsXP the download goes OK, but when I launch it, the screen just flashes. Sorry to post this question here, but I couldn't post on the appropriate board.[*] Oh, I do have DirectX8. Any other ideas?

[*]Moderator: Moved post to the correct thread.
    Posted 10 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  24. Anonymous

QUOTE(laoadmin @ Jan 29 2007, 11:53 PM)
    I played highway pursuit for the first time and loved it  When I try to download it on my laptop running windowsXP the download goes OK, but when I launch it, the screen just flashes.  Sorry to post this question here, but I couldn't post on the appropriate board.[*]  Oh, I do have DirectX8.  Any other ideas?

Hi there,

The only other thing I can suggest is to make sure you have the latest version of your graphics drivers installed. Oh, and does the laptop have sound? The game needs to find working sound support or it won't start.

Good luck!
    Posted 10 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  25. Anonymous

QUOTE(AdamDawes @ Feb 9 2007, 06:47 PM)
    Hi there,

The only other thing I can suggest is to make sure you have the latest version of your graphics drivers installed. Oh, and does the laptop have sound? The game needs to find working sound support or it won't start.

Good luck!
    [right][snapback]2069[/snapback][/right]

Over half a million downloads? If I had a pound for every one ... biggrin.gif
    Posted 10 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  26. bdwilcox

then slap on some stuff like being able to buy new vehicles, mod the vehicles you have and so on.

Try Mexican Motor Mafia
    http://www.scienceoftomorrow.com/mmm_main.htm

Posted 9 years ago #
    Login to Send PM

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.