Search:  

Retrospec Forum » Feedback on Retrospec Games

[closed]

Exolon DX

(52 posts)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. Anonymous

Exolon DX is released. Post feedback and bugs, etc. here.

The high-score code for submission to the hi-score table is written to the exolon\exolon directory.
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  2. Anonymous

QUOTE(neil @ Dec 28 2005, 06:11 PM)

The high-score code for submission to the hi-score table is written to the exolon\exolon directory.
    [right][snapback]1374[/snapback][/right]

I PLAY "EXOLON DX". THIS REMAKE IS VERY COOL!!!....... excited.gif I played this game on Amstrad cpc in the 80's. Great classic game forever. Where is Rafaelle Cecco? Thanks for all workers of this nice remake.
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  3. germ

QUOTE(neil @ Dec 28 2005, 04:11 PM)

[right][snapback]1374[/snapback][/right]

Hi !

You won't open the source code, will you ?

bye !
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  4. Anonymous

Is it possible to play it with a joystick?

Pete
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  5. zxfra

It's very cool! Thanks for this remake!!!!!
    And what about some cheat? smile.gif))
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  6. Anonymous

Jeknoid: Thanks!
    Germ: To what end? Only the game is actually in a scripting language which runs in an interpreter.
    PeterHull: Yes!
    Zxfra: No cheats, I'm afraid. But remember you can start from any level you've reached so far.
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  7. Darkside

Wohooo! Lovely remake Graham.........waited a long time for this, but the final result was WELL worth it!

Nice job smile.gif
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  8. zxfra

QUOTE(GrahamGoring @ Jan 1 2006, 05:55 PM)
    Zxfra: No cheats, I'm afraid. But remember you can start from any level you've reached so far.
    [right][snapback]1381[/snapback][/right]

I still try to play without cheats but I'm not good player smile.gif)

Thank you for very good work!

My whole family now plays Exolon DX!
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  9. Anonymous

QUOTE(GrahamGoring @ Jan 1 2006, 03:55 PM)
    PeterHull: Yes!

OK, I see it now. Not entirely obvious though, is it?

Pete
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  10. retrospec
    Lord of the Manor

OK, I see it now. Not entirely obvious though, is it?

Says the man doing the Mac conversion wink.gif
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  11. Anonymous

QUOTE(Sinclair @ Jan 2 2006, 11:04 PM)
    Says the man doing the Mac conversion wink.gif
    [right][snapback]1386[/snapback][/right]

True, I had to look at the code to figure it out ... smile.gif

Pete
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  12. germ

QUOTE(GrahamGoring @ Jan 1 2006, 03:55 PM)
    Germ: To what end? Only the game is actually in a scripting language which runs in an interpreter.

Hi !

I don't have windows, I found it interesting having it running on *nix.
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  13. Anonymous

QUOTE(germ @ Jan 4 2006, 01:43 AM)
    Hi !

I don't have windows, I found it interesting having it running on *nix.
    [right][snapback]1388[/snapback][/right]

Do you mean that you have had it running on *nix, or that you'd like to. If the latter, then it's Graham's call, but IMO it certainly could be done, since all the dependencies run on Linux at least.

Pete

ps. Neil, for I assume it is you, why are you now posting as 'Sinclair'?
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  14. retrospec
    Lord of the Manor

I think Sinclair is our default retrospec management id or summat. Only this is Graham posting under it's name now, but it weren't back then.

Darkside: Ta!

zxfra: Woo! I've corrupted a whole family. wink.gif

peterhull90: Call it a hidden feature. wink.gif Actually, I shoulda' mentioned it in the readme but it's not like it's hard to try mashing your pad while defining your keys...

germ: I'm okay with a *nix conversion although it's not summat I'd do myself. I figured it was a pretty niche area, tbh. As long as the person who does it is a pleasure to work with like Peter and not someone who comes back with loads of things he thinks is semantically wrong with my code rather than actually wrong with it.
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  15. Anonymous

QUOTE(Sinclair @ Jan 4 2006, 08:32 PM)
    ... and not someone who comes back with loads of things he thinks is semantically wrong with my code rather than actually wrong with it.
    [right][snapback]1390[/snapback][/right]

* Hasty scrabbling at keyboard *
    [attachmentid=17]
    * Whistles * wink.gif

On the subject of Linux, I've got Kubuntu on my PC, so I'll have a go. The only thing I don't know is how portable a binary release would be.

Pete
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  16. Anonymous

Isn't OSX just linux with a wanky IDE? wink.gif

I think binaries should be portable as they use a standard file format, but then again the majority of unix people frown upon binaries and would rather spend an hour compiling source instead.

ps. Neil, for I assume it is you, why are you now posting as 'Sinclair'?
    Sinclair is whoever likes to be him. But do you like the icon, we adopted him from the Army of Trolls.
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  17. Anonymous

Loving this conversion, so far i'm stuck solid on level 5. One thing that slightly bugs me however is the game always loads in the top corner when in windowed mode, other remakes downloaded here load in the center of the screen, can this be changed? wacko.gif
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  18. Anonymous

QUOTE(neil @ Jan 6 2006, 12:02 AM)
    Isn't OSX just linux with a wanky IDE? wink.gif

That was the alternative tag-line that Apple's marketing gurus came up with, prior to the launch of OS X 10.0.

I think binaries should be portable as they use a standard file format, but then again the majority of unix people frown upon binaries and would rather spend an hour compiling source instead.

So much ignorance in so little space... tongue.gif

... from the Army of Trolls.

Trolls? Seems appropriate.

Be sure to watch the Steve Jobs Keynote at MacWorld expo next week; it will blow your tiny mind, Windows Fan-boy.

Back on-topic, it's really impressive how much of the game is done via scripts - it looks like retrengine will be very flexible indeed. I'm looking forward to the next game!

Pete
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  19. Darkside

Yay!!!!

After a couple of days of constant battling....I got to level three!!!!

Ok....yes, I'm crap......... dry.gif

/me wanders away to hide in shame

wink.gif

Still very much addicted to this...I love the forcefield/barrier-type things. Nice rainbowy effect....and the way you bounce back when you collide with it is a nice touch.

All in all, a nice remake.....great sounds, luverly graphics....I even spotted the sneaky inclusion of the Cybernoid 2 ship making a cameo appearance from time to time....
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  20. Anonymous

Peter: Haha, I was thinking more along the lines of Allegro.cc's STL and Openlayer Enforcement Reichstag. wink.gif

PixelPerson: Level 5 is the last level and is therefor OBSCENELY hard - also due to me designing it rather than it being based on Exolon's original level 5. I did that because Exolon's level 5 is just a copy of another level with one room changed. Quite frankly if anyone beats it I'll be amazed, although as a reward I really put some effort into the completion effect - it's pretty swanky. smile.gif

Darkside: Level 3? Tsk! Get a move on, man! smile.gif Glad you like the forcefields, though - I'm a sucker for rainbowey stuff.
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  21. Anonymous

I'm looking forward to the next game!
    I've seen it, it's shite wink.gif
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  22. germ

QUOTE(peterhull90 @ Jan 4 2006, 06:03 PM)
    Do you mean that you have had it running on *nix, or that you'd like to. If the latter, then it's Graham's call, but IMO it certainly could be done, since all the dependencies run on Linux at least.

Hi,

It works via wine, but I have between 2 and 4 fps, and I cannot go throught the main menu..

I discovered your game via that website, I can't really play without having it being recompiled. I don't care about the actual sources, but if you don't want to give them, I wont mind.

However, if you wanna a port, I am in !

bye !
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  23. Anonymous

A great remake biggrin.gif a bit more difficult than original, seems the double canons didn't shoot from close distance on CPC version...
    ...I just restarted CPCE emulator to compare, it's really close to original but more eyecandy (love GL effects wub.gif ) smile.gif great job !!
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  24. Anonymous

Hmm, the dual cannon's usually stop firing once you are close enough but there seems to be a slight collision bug which will occasionally let a bullet through. I might have actually closed that loop in the latest version, though, but I ain't posted a binary of it because it's not a huge concern and I'd like to wait for Peter's MAC source so I can combine 'em up...

I have no problem with a proper linux version, though, as I've said.
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  25. Anonymous

OMG I finally completed it! The ending is pretty sweet too, lots of visual candy. Trying to contain my excitement and not give too much away here. biggrin.gif
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  26. Anonymous

Congratulations! I wasn't sure the last level was possible but it obviously is. smile.gif

I hope you liked the bittersweet finalé. smile.gif
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  27. Anonymous

Thanks. smile.gif

Yeah it was all good, loads of flashy visuals and plenty of humorous moments in there too.
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  28. Anonymous

I can barely get past level 1, I think I'd better start thinking of using a memory tracker smile.gif

So where's your high-score entry then PixelPerson?
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  29. Anonymous

QUOTE(neil @ Jan 8 2006, 10:38 PM)
    So where's your high-score entry then PixelPerson?
    [right][snapback]1410[/snapback][/right]

Uploaded now... 9th place, I guess I can live with that for now. biggrin.gif
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  30. asio

to the team behind the game WELL DONE...

everythings spot on... BUT for one very minor/small/niggly/ikkle problem..

(I feel bad posting it) unsure.gif

when you enter the hi-score can you PLEASE PLEASE (pretty please, with sugar on top) make it so it's centred.. and also save the hi score..

its nothing I know... the graphics / gameplay / sound are very good... and the engine of the game is nice also..

only problem i have.. which is better.. this or LJM.. which means you lot are doing amazing work biggrin.gif

If you want some music done in future , the offers there... happy new year...
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.