Search:  

Retrospec Forum » Feedback on Retrospec Games

[closed]

Exolon DX

(52 posts)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. Anonymous

The game really done it. Just brilliant.

Just one or two things.

Though I know about the new score system, and so, it's strange to miss score bonus of 10000 points for no-protection-suit bravery at the end of a level. Pity. No reason to leave it behind now...

The other are trifles. No bonus life and no teleport while kneeling.

As for the other -- no words!
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  2. Anonymous

If you want some music done in future , the offers there... happy new year...

If you feel you have something to offer then send us some samples. Just post a PM to me or a url back to the forum.
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  3. Anonymous

Neil: You're just crap. smile.gif

Asio: The hi-scores do save, the hiscore centering thing would be a bit of a pain. I'll be honest it's a reeeeeeeeally low priority so don't count on it happening. Glad the rest of it is okay, though. smile.gif As Neil says, if you have some music samples we'd love to hear 'em. What format you work in?

TomCaT: Doh! I seem to recall something about a bravenes bonus but it completely slipped my mind during development. As for teleporting while kneeling, I don't recall ever doing that on the Speccy... And when d'you get the extra life?
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  4. Anonymous

As it happens I was going to mention it (the lack of bonus) but thought you being ever so consciencious and an Exolon guru would have known that.

I found it whilst reading Tip-Stop.
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  5. Anonymous

Am I seeing things or did the 1.04 version of Exolon leave players with only ONE life? Who's sadistic idea was that? laugh.gif
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  6. OmegaDog

If they're perfectionists about making the game, it's only right that you're expected to be a perfectionist about beating it. wink.gif

I haven't gone past the fifth stage yet on past versions, as a result to time constraints, but the ride has been great so far. Thanks!
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  7. Anonymous

Just uploadin' a patch now. Haha. D'oh.
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  8. Anonymous

First of all: this remake is great!

Is it a bug or are you supposed to have only 2 lives in the remake?

On the screenshots I see 9 Lives displayed but my game always start with only 2.

UPDATE ok I found the posting about this issue smile.gif
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  9. Anonymous

Thanks for the update Graham and also the mention on the site. smile.gif
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  10. Anonymous

I wouldn't be so happy PixelPerson, this is Graham's slow initiation ceremony into becoming his gimp. First he ply's you with compliments, next he'll be asking you to beta his next game...
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  11. Anonymous

QUOTE(neil @ Jan 31 2006, 09:56 PM)
    I wouldn't be so happy PixelPerson, this is Graham's slow initiation ceremony into becoming his gimp. First he ply's you with compliments, next he'll be asking you to beta his next game...
    [right][snapback]1453[/snapback][/right]

Bring it on, so long as its Switchblade of course. wink.gif
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  12. Anonymous

QUOTE(PixelPerson @ Jan 31 2006, 10:58 PM)
    Bring it on, so long as its Switchblade of course. wink.gif
    [right][snapback]1454[/snapback][/right]

Haha, only if you know someone who'll supply me with all the graphics and then not mind that I get rid of the shonky, shonky jumping from the original game.
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  13. ascii

I've just downloaded Exolon DX and it's really impressive. You've really captured the feel of the original, and all the new graphics and effects are superb. Excellent work all round.

One small problem... as soon as a game is over, the whole applications exits immediately. Presumably this isn't intended? I'm running version 1.03, with MacOS X 10.4.6 on an Intel mac mini (under Rosetta). It doesn't cause a CrashReporter.log to be generated.

Let me know if there's anything else I can test; I've got XCode and I'm not afraid to use it.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  14. Anonymous

Oh dear.

I'll look into that .. does it happen every time?

Pete
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  15. ascii

QUOTE(peterhull90 @ Apr 15 2006, 08:32 AM)
    does it happen every time?
    [right][snapback]1575[/snapback][/right]

Yes.

HTH,
    Andrew
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  16. Anonymous

There's every possibility this is my fault not freeing up a resource, although I'm not sure which one it'd be...
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  17. Anonymous

Great remake! Very well done! Thanks!
    Posted 10 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  18. Anonymous

[B][COLOR=blue]Thanks for the FANTASTIC remake of one of my fav C64 games,difficulity is set just right,i do LOVE a challenge in my games but i must admit the double cannons in the remake is giving me some grief,any tips or help on them must appreciated.
    Posted 10 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  19. tto

Really awesome remake, also is there a level editor for it?
    Posted 10 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  20. RedDwarf

QUOTE(peterhull90 @ Jan 5 2006, 09:08 PM)
    On the subject of Linux, I've got Kubuntu on my PC, so I'll have a go. The only thing I don't know is how portable a binary release would be.

Linux binary compatibility is bad. But compatibility with Debian based distros? Debian patchs libraries, breaking the ABI, for hobby. biggrin.gif

Now talking seriously about the Linux port. I don't think it makes much sense if the source is not made public. The "Project Log" says retrengine uses Allegro... another great example of a library that breaks ABI for hobby (I know they said 4.2 would be ABI stable). Release a binary that isn't going to work with the next release of Linux distros in six months isn't worth the time.
    I don't really know if I would be able to do the port... I know *nothing* about the code!!! But I don't think there is a need to discuss this anyway. IMHO the best thing that can be done is release the source (GPL makes things easier, but whatever licence) and let people look at it and decide by themself if they can port it.

Because, "To what end" do you want it closed source? wink.gif
    Posted 9 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  21. Anonymous

Hey everyone,

I think Exolon DX is an absolutely FANTASTIC conversion! Exolon was one of my faves as I was growing up, along with other Hewson classics... (Firelord, anyone!)

I do have a question- I'm not exactly an expert on computers - but when I play Exolon the game tends to freeze momentarily - music everything stops, then restarts for a second at a faster pace, as if reclaiming what was lost.

Worst part is, the game will most times ecventually completely freeze, and I have to pull the plug on the pc and reboot.

Cybernoid also gives me the problem, but not Atic Atac.

Does anyone have advice? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Again, thanks to Graham for a fantastic game.
    Posted 9 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  22. Anonymous

Thank you and congratulation for all you work about EDX smile.gif

The game is really fun to play today, more colors, good sfx & music, i've finished and review on my site because this is awesome.

Cheers,

Blood
    Posted 9 years ago #
    Login to Send PM

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.