Search:  

Retrospec Forum » Feedback on Retrospec Games

[closed]

Turmoil - The Battle of Wizards

(13 posts)

Tags:

No tags yet.

1. Anonymous

Just wanted to say that the game looks great still.

I have been watching and hoping for this chaos remake since 2000 when I first noticed the great work done by Retrospec. I've enjoyed playing many of the updated favourits like Chuckie egg, klass of 99 and the great Manic Miner but the best of them all was Chaos.

Its the one game that I have always gone back to and played again and again for over 15 years. An update to this with the same gameplay would be the most welcome thing around.

There have been some other attemps at a remake that have gone really well like Morkin 2 and, although not ever finished,Anarchy. Both were good but lacked polish and game features.

I've seen the promise of other remakes that have gone by the wayside but this one seems to have remained. I've not seen much in the way of updates but then again I've not seen much in the way of encouragment from like minded individuals. I myself am one of them unfortunatly so here I am hoping that these few words are enough to let you know that there are still people out there waiting patiently. This version has always looked like it is going to not only keep the old adictive gameplay but also improve on the over all look and feel of it.

I look forward to seeing the final version.

Oh ye, and thanks.

"...finding fault with a game like this is akin to bedding Kylie Minogue and complaining that you got a pube stuck between your teeth afterwards." - Dave Woods of PCZone talking about GTA3
    Posted 15 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  2. Anonymous

We're still here! Dan has had a new addition to the Condon-Jones dynasty recently, so hes busy changing nappies rather than writing code. As for myself, I did have a very good, about 70% complete version of Turmoil in mid-May. Unfortunately then my hard disk on my trusted P166 went down. I managed to retrieve the code fortunately but currently my time is taken up with buying a house. As soon as I'm settled in with a new machine, work will resume. I can't give a date for completion but it should certainly before the year end.

Matt.
    Posted 15 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  3. Anonymous

Great to see a remake of Chaos, an absoulute brilliant multiplayer classic, but I also have very fond memories of another speccy game "Turmoil", a very politically incorrect arcade game where by you had to fill up the arabs shieks cars with petrol whilst avoiding being beaten up by the arab guards, and was very addictive regarless of the early one-tone music from the 48k.
    Still cant wait for this to be finished. Its looking very promicing. keep up the good work.
    Posted 15 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  4. Anonymous

I know its taking yonks and that its currently gone into hibernation again. But it will be done. Honest. I'll finish Quazatron and then get back on this. On the bright side, I've possibly got a new source of jaw-dropping graphics. I'll post up some images when I've got a few more.
    Posted 14 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  5. Anonymous

Hope this doesn't take too long. I've been watchin the development of this since 1999. Hope you guys can get this finished as it looks great whilst keeping the great feel of the original.;-)
    Posted 14 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  6. Anonymous

Yes, I know this project is having the gestation period of a hippo. But because of various sad and pathethic excuses, it is on hold once more for another couple of months. It is a matter of guilt for me, but it will be completed. Honest.
    Posted 14 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  7. Anonymous

Hi folks

Just wanted to say a quick hello and offer a happy new year to anyone reading this. I hope that the game is coming along ok and I am still very much looking forward to seeing the results of your hard work.

Have a good one.

"...finding fault with a game like this is akin to bedding Kylie Minogue and complaining that you got a pube stuck between your teeth afterwards." - Dave Woods of PCZone talking about GTA3
    Posted 14 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  8. Anonymous

Looks like it's going to be marvelous. The graphics are keen, as well.

In the meanwhile, I am partial to the Brownlow and Turnbull version for the Atari ST: http://www.bunnz.org/partgame.php?id=111

The sound samples never fail to make me laugh!
    Posted 14 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  9. Anonymous

Oh it looks sweet. Please dont stop working on it till its finished. I cannot wait, I'm sure that it will be a materpiece, just like the original.
    Thanks
    Posted 14 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  10. Anonymous

Yes, yes, I know most of the original posters have now died of old age. But now that I've got Halls and Quaz out of the way I'm back on it. And I've got most of the hard work out of the way as well. I won't give dates at this point though. It will still be whenever :)
    Posted 14 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  11. Anonymous

I'd never heard of choas, the entire time I had my little speccy. In fact, when I got sent Choas - The unofficial conversion, I was none too impressed.. It was merely down to a couple of mates coming round before I got up after a late night gaming, them getting bored and trying out my latest (small) batch of st games, READING THE INSTRUCTIONS (I'd, previously, put the disk in, chuckled at a couple of samples, the reset in dismay at the fact I couldn't suss out the control (so obvious now!)....) then starting a game..

Then it began.

Ganging up on each other. praying for a DECENT CREATURE for raise dead to work on.. After a few weeks of playing it, Hoping to get an ALIEN AND RAISE DEAD! (only happened once, mind.. I've only had an alien three times...)(..er.. in the game of chaos, I mean.... That was no comment on my girlfriend..... Or my se... never mind)..

Anyway.. After FINALLY discovering an amazing, no, on the THE BEST multiplayer games, I was somwhat keen to find a remake on the stupid PC I was forced to buy a few years ago..

Now, Choasfunk is fine.. It's a good remake, however, you can attack undead, and you shouldn't be able to, as far as I know. (save a magic weapon, or another undead, natch);.. and, well.. I just doesn't quite feel the same...

I hope turmoil can offer me and my comrades a brief, yet more colourful (and XP compatible) window into the past, when games didn't involve a full 3D enviroment and FMV cut scenes... Oh, and playability...

In the meantime, I'm saving for a GBA flashrom thing to play chaosGBA (looks good), But I eagarly await this conversion, hope to see it soon.

GuyTHP

The Hairy Pies
    Posted 14 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  12. Anonymous

Hey guys, I have only just signed up but have been visiting this site for years.

I have been following the progress on this game ever since it began. Pleeeease don't stop now. I can't wait for it to be finished!
    Posted 14 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  13. Anonymous

wow.. I'd LOVE to see this completed with netplay option, I NEED to dump gooey blob all over my young quake3 clan mates and show them what l33t frags really are!

Huge thanks for the work so far, brings back memories of late 80s nights of drunken multiplayer gaming till 5am. Keep it up guys :)
    Posted 13 years ago #
    Login to Send PM

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.