jump to navigation

Search:  

Retrospec Forum » Feedback on Retrospec Games

[closed]

Wizball

(36 posts)

Tags:

1. Anonymous

This is where discussion of Wizball lives. Cripes!
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  2. Anonymous

Oy, this is for finished items only wink.gif
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  3. Anonymous

Haha! You need to delete half the threads then. smile.gif
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  4. Anonymous

true. and how else are we going to tell you to get your finger out and write some more code wink.gif
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  5. robert@fm
    Administrator

Well, I for one can't talk, given how little progress I've made on Cubix. blush.gif smile.gif
    Posted 11 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  6. Anonymous

Wow!
    A Great remake of a good game, graphic and sound are fantastic.
    Its addictive to play, like it was with the C64 version.
    It plays perfect on my pc, but unfortunately not on my htpc system...

I have a 40 " LCD that doesnt seem to like the resolution this game have.
    A crackling noise and green lines on the screen, i get the same when running
    dxdiag (ddraw fullscreen, d3d dx7 & d3d dx8) d3d dx9 is ok.
    I think my lcd dont support such low resolution.

Is there a way to force wizball to use a specific resolution via "config.txt"
    or in some other way?

It would be awesome to play on the big screen with my cordless rumblepad.

Thank you for a great game!
    Posted 9 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  7. SKaVeN

G'day!

Wizball's one of my favourites so I was delighted to see that it was completed.

However, I have tried installing it on three PCs & it only works on one of them. The other two it just becomes one of those Windows error boxed saying it has encountered an error (the one that always asks you if you want to "Send a Report").

All three PCs are running WinXP.

Can somebody please help?

Thank you.
    Posted 9 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  8. Anonymous

did you get the latest version, as there are two versions.
    Posted 9 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  9. SKaVeN

Hello Neil,

The three download choices are:

* Wizball V1.00-1.02 PC Patch

* Wizball V1.02 Mac Download

* Wizball V1.02 PC Download

So I downloaded the third one each time.
    Posted 9 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  10. SKaVeN

I tried reinstalling DirectX & the Adobe Flash & Shockwave Players but that hasn't helped either. 8-(
    Posted 9 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  11. Anonymous

Absolutely fantastic

We played this game as kids. Then my dad beat the game and for some reason it would never start again. sad.gif (twas only a amstrad 512K tongue.gif)

I love this game and my high score is 555600 and i didn't get all of the levels out.

Thanks for the remake - you made my decade.
    Posted 9 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  12. SKaVeN

^^^ Any suggestions yet anyone please? user posted imageuser posted image
    Posted 9 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  13. SKaVeN

It's okay. I managed to figure it out myself.
    Posted 9 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  14. Anonymous

QUOTE(SKaVeN @ Feb 14 2008, 08:07 PM)
    It's okay.  I managed to figure it out myself.
    [right][snapback]2326[/snapback][/right]

so what did you do?

I have the problem that the game just sits on the "Get Ready" screen sad.gif
    Posted 9 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  15. SKaVeN

QUOTE(Lingering @ Feb 23 2008, 12:08 AM)
    so what did you do?

I have the problem that the game just sits on the "Get Ready" screen  sad.gif
    [right][snapback]2327[/snapback][/right]

I use an NVIDIA graphics card & actually found a website that leads to a site that has an archive of all the old NVIDIA driver updates. I went down (starting from the newest) until I found one that would install. All works fine now.
    Posted 9 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  16. Anonymous

Hi guys. I've seen that there was also a linux version of wizball, but it's not on the download page. How can I obtain it?
    Posted 9 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  17. David

What a great homage to this fantastic game. I'm really enjoying this!

However, I'm having difficulties getting very far now as back in the old days of Commodore 64. Is there SOME way of cheating? :)

Thanks for making this game.

Posted 9 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  18. Jiggalicious

i need cheats to cant even get past the first stage,

Posted 9 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  19. David

Worked my way through red and green, but some of those enemies have a surprisingly good aim... I'd just like to see the whole game some day before I die.

Posted 9 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  20. Jiggalicious

im startting to lose the enjoyment for it coz right when im gettin smwhere i die

Posted 9 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  21. pap

I have just had a great Wizball session. Thanks so much for re-making this game. You've done a sterling job.

Well done for coming through on what sounds like a drunken brag :)

I'd like to see you take it further. The unofficial Wizball 2? Sensi never made it. Perhaps you can.

Posted 9 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  22. David

Am I the only one having problems getting on the score list? I just managed to get 92300 points but to no avail... :-(
    It probably has something to do with the fact that whenever I loose, the "Game over" screen is the only thing that happens. In order to play the game again, I have to quit the application and start over. Also, I'm having problems with the game itself, which seems programming relatad. Aren't you supposed to go to the Wizards place when you gather enough color? It happens with red and blue and when I gather enough for the mix, but not with green... Is it supposed to be like that?

Walkthrough, anyone?

Posted 9 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  23. coyote

Outstanding remake! Plays as pefect as the C64 original, if not even smoother, but good gods, I wish you'd left the WIZBORE trick in. This game is a real bear once the burst bullets start flying everywhere.

so yeah, cheating.. err.. I tried changing WIZBALL_START_LIVES in data.dat, but I guess you don't really use that value, do ya?

Posted 9 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  24. Gremxula

Great game that works well with Vista64.
    Oh and yes a cheat would be nice.

Posted 9 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  25. Keiichi

Belting game - a fitting tribute to its 20th anniversary. Hope Krix & Jops approve.

Posted 9 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  26. Nevaar

Downloaded this last night and have spent hours playing. Fantastic job on this guys. Smooth scrolling, sound as great (if not better) as the original, the diffculty level is as tough as I remember. Have managed to complete the first two levels before the guitar solo kicks in.

Well done again.

Posted 9 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  27. ashleypn

Hi, Fantastic remake of the game thanks awfully, I myself can't get very far, White droplets thin on the ground, I was wondereing If there was 'dare I say it' a cheat for more lives, I recon, with hard graft, I may be able to complete it with 16 lives, lol,

Ash.

Posted 9 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  28. fryfanjapan

thanks very much for the fabbo remake, really enjoyed playing it on the mac!!!
    i finished and got a score of 782290, which seems to be high enough for the table...
    are you sposed to get a computer generated code to enter? i didnt get one....

but anyway thanks again for all your effort

Posted 9 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  29. It should have given you a code, regardless of the score. Check the directory and you'll probably find a file there containing it.

Posted 9 years ago #
    Login to Send PM
  30. oceanclub

Unfortunately I get a big problem playing it. It launches fine, and I can see the options menus, etc. However, once I start a game, the play area is black (I can see the icons at the bottom of the screen). Anyone else run into this? I'm have a nVidia 8800 GTS with latest drivers.

Regards,

P.

Posted 9 years ago #
    Login to Send PM

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.